- Senior Partner
N. Alan Miller III began his legal career as a law clerk at a Lawrenceburg law firm in 2003. After his admission to the Indiana bar, he began his legal practice in 2005 as an associate attorney with the same firm, where he was made a partner in 2007. In 2013, Alan left this firm to start Miller Law LLC. In September 2016, Alan's sister, Adrienne Flannery, joined the practice and Miller Law became Miller Flannery Law.
Alan has represented individuals charged with criminal offenses throughout southeastern Indiana in cases ranging from minor traffic infractions to major felonies. He has acted as lead defense counsel in a number of jury trials. Alan is a proud graduate of the Indiana Public Defender Council's Trial Practice Institute, a four-day seminar focusing on developing and refining trial advocacy strategies and skills.
Alan also represents bankruptcy debtors who are seeking relief under Chapters 7 or 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. He has developed a reputation as a compassionate and empathetic attorney who listens and advises his clients in a non-judgmental way.
A life-long resident of Dearborn County, the Millers can trace their family roots in Dearborn County to before the Civil War. Alan is active in the community and resides in Aurora with his wife, Kyle (Thayer), and their daughter, Ryan. He loves the Reds, IU sports, being outdoors and spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law 60%
- Criminal Defense 20%
- Family Law 20%
- Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- Juris Doctor - 2005
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dearborn-Ohio County Bar Association, President, 2012 to 2013
- Indiana Public Defender Council, Member, 2005 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Zerbe Garner Miller & Blondell, Partner, 2007 to 2013
- City of Aurora, Indiana, Aurora City Attorney, 2016 to 2020
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Volunteers of Southeast Indiana, Co-Plan Administrator, 2017 to Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Volunteers of Southeast Indiana, Inc., 2005 to Present